My AQUA Bottle celebrates World Water Day
World Water Day is observed internationally to appreciate water and learn more about water issues. Find out how My AQUA Bottle can be a valid and sustainable alternative to Single-use disposable plastic water bottles.
World Water Day
World Water Day is held annually on 22 March as a means of focusing attention on the importance of freshwater and advocating for the sustainable management of freshwater resources. It is about taking action to tackle the global water crisis, in support of Sustainable Development Goal (SDG) 6: water and sanitation for all by 2030.
The environmental damage caused by discarded plastic water bottles
Discarded plastic water bottles are an enormous waste and represent a huge environmental issue as only a small percentage of plastic waste gets recycled. The rest is either burned or dumped. Below are just a few negative impacts of single-use plastic bottles.
Disposable plastic items don’t biodegrade. They just break down into micro particles that contaminate our environment. And as those bottles slowly break down in the environment over years and years, they release tiny microplastic fragments which are eaten by living organisms. These include ocean plankton, which are at the base of the global food chain. Ocean plankton are literally being replaced by plastic.
Moreover, most single-use water bottles are made of the plastic resin polyethylene terephthalate, which has been shown to leach the heavy metal antimony and certain phthalate endocrine disruptors. This leaching is increased when the bottles are exposed to temperature extremes and/or used repeatedly.
Finally, the single-use plastic trade and resulting plastic pollution disproportionately affects poorer and disadvantaged communities.
Benefits of My AQUA Bottle
My AQUA Bottle also contributes to the observance of World Water Day by encouraging people to take action in their own lives to change the way they use, consume and manage water. Our artisanal glass bottle is completely produced in Italy and born in Venice. Created to substitute plastic bottles, My AQUA Bottle can be both an elegant object for professional usage or a daily serving of still or sparkling water.
It features multiple benefits:
- ORIGINAL: All decorative elements embellishing the bottles are unique handcrafted pieces.
- DURABLE: Produced from durable and solid glass that stands perfectly on any table and surface.
- ELEGANT & PRACTICAL: Shape and style fit well into the restaurants or hotels. Helps to serve the water and drinks elegantly. The wide screw neck enables easy usage of ice cubes.
- EASY TO MAINTAIN: Easy sanitation of bottles with sustainable and nature-friendly processes. For professional use, it is recommended to sanitize the bottles with UV rays.
- REUSABLE: Reusable multiple times, if maintained well. Saving money, time and nature ́s resources.
- CUSTOMIZABLE: Central decoration piece can be customized, then print on the body of the bottle or laser engraved signs. Moreover, the top of the screw tap can be printed with your chosen design element. The graphic assistance provided. Custom-made bottles from 8 pieces.
- LOCALLY PRODUCED: Designed and produced locally strictly in Venice and Veneto. Production in the closed circle of the local economy and our artisans. Production set by the thousand years of the tradition in Venice.
- COMPLETELY RECYCLABLE: All its parts are recyclable. Please, always use the correct recycling circle according to the location you are based.
- DURABLE & COMPLETELY RECYCLABLE PACK: The products are shipped in a solid cardboard box with a minimalistic print, enabling easy recycling. The box will safely preserve the product during the trip.
The world needs water, and you need water, but neither of you need single-use disposable plastic water bottles. Pledge to yourself and the world today to make the shift to a non-plastic, reusable water bottle. Have a look at our testimonials and order your favourite My AQUA Bottle on our website.